BAKED GOODS + DESSERTS
LIFE IS SWEET!
Growing up, this was one of my favorite Spanish desserts. The sweet cinnamon aroma that is released into the air while cooking reminds me of Saturday mornings at my parents house. To this day, my mom makes arroz con leche during the winter time. I hope to pass this recipe down to my children and create similar memories.
5 cups of long grain white rice
1 cinnamon stick
5 cups of water
1 12oz can of evaporated milk
1 14oz can of condensed milk
1 cup whole milk
1 cup of raisins
1. In medium sized pot bring water to boil. Add the rice and the stick of cinnamon
2. Reduce the heat down to a medium temperature and cook for 15-18 minutes until the rice is tender.
3. Drain the water, remove the cinnamon stick and add the rice back to the pot.
4. Add the whole milk, evaporated milk and condensed milk to the rice.
5. Place the pot back on the stove and continue to cook over a low-medium heat. Make sure the mixture does not boil. During this time, keep a close eye on the mixture. Consistently stir the rice.
6. Cook for 20 minutes and remove from heat.
7. Add cup of raisins to the mixture.
8. When ready to serve, sprinkle each bowl with ground cinnamon.
9. Store in the refrigerator if the rice pudding is not eaten warm.