So Paul and I vacationed in Puerto Rico for Thanksgiving this year and fell in love with a local drink known as the “Coquito”. Coquito is Spanish for small coconut and it is a beverage that is served during the holidays. While some may refer to this drink as the spanish eggnog, there is no eggs in this drink, so no worries for those of you who are afraid of getting a little salmonella. I hope y’all enjoy this drink as much as we did. I will be serving this cocktail at my place all year long.
- 1 Cup of Coconut flavored Bacardi (I use Bacardi because this is what they use in PR)
- 2 14oz cans of condensed milk
- 1 12 oz can of Evaporated milk
- 1 cup of coconut milk (whichever oz amount you can find)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1. Mix all ingredients in a blender - (Do not add Ice)
2. Chill in the fridge for two hours
3. Pour into your cup and enjoy
(Optional: You may sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon on top for garnish)
SPIKED HOT CHOCOLATE
‘Tis the season to be jolly and enjoy a couple of spiked drinks, am I right? For some, the holidays are a fun time to spend with family and for others the holidays suck. Either way this spiked hot chocolate recipe is perfect for everyone!
- 6 cups of Whole Milk
- 1 12oz package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1.5 cups of creamer (I used Dove chocolate creamer) - You can substitute
this with 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup of cocoa
- 1 cup of alcohol (choose from the options below)
Alcohol (choose one):
- Pinnacle Peppermint vodka
- Tito’s Vodka
- Bailey’s (If you choose Baileys, I recommend not adding in the creamer)
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate curls
- Chocolate syrup
1. In a medium pot, pour 3 cups of milk and heat at a semi-high (6-8) temperature. Make sure that the milk does not boil at any point.
2. Add in bag of chocolate chips.
3. Stir the mixture until the chocolate chips completely melt and the milk turns into a brown color. Make sure no melted chocolate sticks to the bottom of the pan.
4. Add in the remaining 3 cups of milk, creamer, and cocoa
5. Continue to stir until all ingredients are completely mixed.
6. Remove from heat
7. Now you have two options
a) Add 1 cup of desired alcohol or 2 cups of Bailey’s into mixture - Stir well
b) Let your friends add in their desired alcohol amount into their own cup of chocolate
8. Garnish as you wish!! In the picture above I chose to add whipped cream and drizzled chocolate syrup on top